All the books I’ve read for my 2019 Reading Challenge up to July, with ratings and links.
4. What you will read to your grandchildren: A children’s book (middle grade or younger).
A Swiftly Tilting Planet, by Madeleine L’engle.
5. East meets West: A book taking place in Asia (Turkey to Japan, Siberia to Vietnam)
The Last Samurai, the Life and Battles of Saigo Takamori, by Mark Ravina.
9. Best friend: A book with a dog on the cover.
Being a Dog, by Alexandra Horowitz.
14. Crossing the (color) lines: A book about a person of color (PoC), any variety, written by an author of the same variety.
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms, by N.K. Jemison.
25. Flights of fancy: A book in which airplanes figure prominently.
Jet Age, by Sam Howe Verhovek.
39. Tuesdays with Balaam’s Ass: A book with a non-human (animal or fantastic creature) main character.
Tales from Watership Down, by Richard Adams.
49. What you read: A book you loved as a child.
A Wizard of Earthsea, by Ursula K. LeGuin
Tales from La Vida, a LatinX Comics Anthology edited by Frederick Luis Aldama